Red Thread Family

Red Thread Family

Sunday, February 23, 2014

GETAWAY

I am home...home after 3 nights away with some great ladies! We rented a house for the weekend in a remote town on a gorgeous river. From Thursday afternoon to Sunday afternoon, we vegged watching movies, eating crap, and doing our projects.

My project was working on my family scrapbooks. I made Kai his own album with all the pictures I had of his life in China with a few pages done of his new life in America. Once that was done, I worked on other family pictures but getting his done was my focus.

I woke up this morning not ready to come home. I had chest pain this morning caused by anxiety from thinking about it. I had NO idea how things went this weekend and what I would come home to. On the way home, I got the nerve to call Ken and ask how things went. I was happy to hear that they had a fantastic weekend.

When I walked in the door, Kai was the first to come hug me. I put my stuff down and asked him to sit down because I had a surprise. I handed him his big album and he looked through all the pages. After thumbing through and making a few comments, he looks up and says, "No little Kai pictures." I told him, "I know, but that's ok." He seemed satisified with that answer and really liked his book. I made a big deal about how cute he was. The youngest picture I have of him is starting at age 6.

Now that I am home and know things went well and everyone is happy, I am glad to be home. There really is no place like it.