Just a quick post. We got home last night from Vegas. It was a great 4 days of relaxing for me and lots of review for my husband who is working on studying for his boards. We had amazing food including Wolfgang Puck's Spago restaurant and a brazilian restaurant.
We saw Rock of Ages and Jersey Boys. Loved Jersey Boys. Rock of Ages had awesome music but the story line sucked and the actors were felt amateur. Jersey Boys felt like we were watching it in New York City.
On Wednesday, my dear sweet friend of Stefani whom I have known for 26 years drove two hours to spend the day with me. We went to Carlos' Bakery (think Cake Boss) and bought amazing pastries!! We enjoyed the monorail, the Grand Canal Shoppes, and just being with eachother!!
We got home to happy kids. They all survived. Big M gave me a big hug and said she was ready not to be mom now. Kai did great while we were gone.
This morning, I took Kai to his school to get his schedule. I pretended like I didn't know where to go for all his classes as we walked his schedule so he could feel in charge. He was signed up for PE but having some firmness, the school administration bended. He now has computers and art instead of PE and Home Ec. The school has been really great. I also filled out forms to start the IEP process with the school district. We'll see where that goes.
On the way home, Kai said something interested. He told me Big M wanted 5 kids and he wanted 4 kids. One year ago, he wanted no family of his own. I don't think it's that he didn't want one, he just never considered that he could. That eventually evolved months later into 2 kids, both daughters. Now he says he wants 4 kids. He said one child would be too sad and boring.
Well, we are off as a family for the weekend to Little C's soccer tournament 4 hours away.