Red Thread Family

Red Thread Family

Thursday, October 16, 2014

CATCH UP

I don't even know where to start....it's been so long since I have written! Things have been fairly typical with some frustrations here and there. However, we continue to see growth. The soccer season has just ended so Kai will be home a earlier and we will have to get back to an exercise routine at night for his physical therapy.

Last Tuesday night, Kai and Macy went to the temple for the first time to do baptisms. That was a neat experience it. It was really special to watch his expressions as he walked in and took in the gorgeous surroundings. Afterward, I asked him how his heart felt and he said, "My heart feel really really really good. Baptisms are awesome." You would have never known that I had called Ken home for backup before we left for baptisms. I was worried a meltdown was going to occur but he reigned in his anger. I told him he couldn't go to the temple if he was mad in his heart. He knocked it off with Dad home.

Kai has been waiting for the movie The Book of Life to come out in the theaters. THis morning, he asked if our friend Chace could go. I knew he had a party to go to with Caden and told Kai he would have to pick someone else. Kai refused and said he couldn't go then. After school, he told me he wanted to ask his other friend....again, progress! Our neighbor is going with him to the 4:30 movie tomorrow.

Christian has an introductory flight lesson tomorrow. He has decided he wants to fly airplanes for a living...specifically be fighter pilot which is a very difficult road. We are getting him up in an airplane tomorrow to see how much he likes it.