Red Thread Family

Red Thread Family

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

PERSPECTIVE SHIFT

Some may find this post offensive. Sorry if you do. Just understand we are working on his perspective. Kai has taking a disliking to the hispanic population where we live. I think he has been rubbed wrong at school somehow where there is a large portion of hispanics at his school.

Today, Little C and Little M had soccer games at another middle school in our district. Kai was either going to be going to his current school or this other middle school for the ESL program. I told the school superintendent I would not allow my kid to go to this particular school and that is how he ended up at the school he is currently at. We pulled into the school and Kai says, "Ooooh, this is school is scary. I no like. Too much seapanish." I told him if he didn't go to his current school this would have been the other choice. I told him I made the choice for him to not go to this school. He said, "Oh, thank you, Ma. I like my school better."

Here's the funny thing...until today, he had only complained about how many seapanish (that's how he pronounces it) are in his school. Tonight is a different tune. He is saying how good his school is now and how there are LESS Seapanish there. A definite shift in perspective.

Like I said, he has formed a disliking somehow. We are working on him. He used to be prejudice against black people but we have since seen that prejudice go away. We constantly remind him Jesus loves everyone and so should we. We also constantly talk about how America is made up of ALL different cultures. Line upon line...precept upon precept.