I actually didn't mind getting up at 5:45 am this morning to wake kids up for school. Kai got ready on his own and even had a few minutes to spare.
It was a beautiful 79 degree day today. Little M got home around 530 this evening after being gone a week. For the last three days, Kai has been asking when she is coming home but he refused to admit that he missed her. The two of them played outside riding bikes and playing make shift tennis. Kai was so proud of himself. He continually hit the ball with his racket over 100 times for a personal best. He had to come in to tell me about it and even call his dad at work. We made a VERY big deal about it.
This evening, we had the high school boys' soccer team over for their team dinner. Kai didn't go hide with all these strange boys in the house. He seemed just fine. However, after they left and I asked him to put the ipod away, he refused. It took some coaxing but he finally gave it up...grumpily. He complained that it was only 8:40. He has this need for everything to happen exactly at the same moment every night. Well, that's impossible. I told him bed time can be at 8:40, 8:45, 9:00...whenever Mom and Dad decide. I told him everyday was different with different activities and "no same ok." I then pulled the boss card. I told him Mom and Dad are the bosses and if we say it's bedtime, it's bedtime. The other kids concurred and told him that was true to back me up.
After prayer, he refused to hug me so I put my arms around him and tackle hugged him playfully. I gave him very loud cheek kisses which wasn't getting much of a reaction so I introduced him to the world of neck raspberries. That got the smile I was looking for so I did it again. He forgot his grumpiness and went off to get ready for bed.