This is the longest I have gone without posting! We have had a great couple of days and something is wrong with blogger so I cannot upload ANY photos! Arggg!
On Friday, we took a trip to my brother BS's house. Now Kai can say he has been to 3 states, not just 1! My brother's town marks a halfway point back to Big M's university so I dropped her off at the airport and she took a bus the rest of the way. We continued to stay for 2 nights and help my brother and his family set up their new house.
Saying goodbye to Big M was easier this time. I didn't cry until I got in the car and she couldn't see me. She has already called me today and told me about her new classes and some new friends she has made.
Only Kai and Little M went with me on this trip. Kai didn't like their new house because it didn't have Wifi, Xbox, tv, or a computer. On our second night there, Kai said the prayer and he specifically said that in his prayer, "House no good. No wifi, xbox, tv, or computer." We got a good laugh out of that one.
The first night when we were putting everyone to bed, we were trying to decide where kids sleep. Kai had a cot and was set up in the big playroom by himself. I asked him if he wanted to sleep in my room with me. As soon as he realized there was an outlet for his ipod, he wanted to sleep in my room. He was on his cot and I was in the bed...just him and I. I turned out the lights and was reading my book on my phone while he played games on his ipod. I hear, "Ma?" I reply, "Yeah?" We then have all kinds of conversations. We talked about what surgeries people in our family have had and then turned on the light to see my knee scar and his arm scar. We talked about jobs and college. This is a conversation we have had before. I asked him if he wants to be a doctor like daddy which his reply before was "No one hand doctor." I expected the same reply but didn't get it this time. I heard, "No, daddy tired. Kai no like tired." This is one observant kid. We then went through everyone he knows who has gone to college.
The second night, I was tired and just ready for bed. I sent Kai downstairs and was just planning on skipping family prayer. Kai says, "Prayer?" He kept me honest! We had prayer together with Macy. While going to sleep, we repeated the same conversations, pretty much, as the night before. You know when your kids are learning to talk and they ask alot of questions and repeat the same things over and over? Yeah, we are at that same stage right now.
The weekend was a blast. The kids all got along, we ate yummy food we don't get where we live, and we got my brother and sister-in-laws kitchen, dining, living room, mudroom, and formal dining all put away AND decorated! It looks awesome!!!
Today was back to the school grind and I was ready. Christmas break went MUCH better than Thanksgiving break but it's nice to hit the routine again. Hubby K and I picked Kai up early from school to take him to his first physical therapy appointment. He will be going 2 times per week for now. He did great even though he was nervous and didn't really understand all that was going on. We have AT HOME exercises to do 3 times per day. That will be interesting. Kai isn't too excited about them.
Afterward, we went to an oriental market that we hadn't been to before. We bought a bamboo steamer and are attempting to make sticky buns for Kai as I type as well as red curry chicken over noodles or rice. Take your pick!
As soon as I figure out this darn blogger error issue, I will post pictures. I have some fun ones!