I have broken down three times today. Big M leaves for college in the morning and this one is so much harder then last time. Last time, we had just gotten home from China the day before she left and I was consumed with all that was going on. The difference this time is that Big M has been home all summer, made an amazing connection with her new brother, and has offered me tremendous support. I feel like I am losing a big part of my support system as she leaves tomorrow.
Tonight at prayer, before the prayer was even started, Big M, Little M, and I all broke down in tears. This just plain sucks. She is having a hard time leaving because she knows how hard things have been on me and she wants to be here for me. I had to tell her the other day that it isn't her job to be Kai's mom. That's my job. That's my stress. Her stress needs to be school.
Kai watched us cry and said he wasn't going to cry. He was just going to call her everyday. We'll see what behavior comes out from him this weekend once she is gone and he feels it. Oh joy.