Red Thread Family

Red Thread Family

Thursday, November 14, 2013

CJ NAME

When Big C was born, Hubby K named him. We had 3 names picked out which included Hunter, Morgan, and some other that I don't even remember. K took one look at him and named him his given name with the initials of C.J. with the purpose of actually calling him CJ. We never did...until Kai came along. Kai could not pronounce his brother's name so he called him CJ. Isn't that interesting that 15 years ago, we named him what we did so he could have the initials CJ...and then wouldn't call him that for 15 years after going across the globe to bring a boy home who would call him that. Crazy how things work sometimes.

This morning, I explained to Kai about him starting 2 more classes and having a full schedule on Monday. I explained it all to him in english and he understood and didn't bat an eye. He was good with it. I think he likes school and I think he likes the idea of getting home the same time as his siblings. He is truly bored without them here and watching the clock for when they get off the bus. 

After school today, we took a trip to Mema and Bepa's house. They had been in Hawaii the past 8 days and Kai missed them. He gave Mema a big hug.


With our no technology til 7 pm rule, Kai has found pleasure in his books....we brought several mandarin young adult books home that he picked out. He takes one to school everyday and reads at lunch time, too.

Funny story: at dinner time tonight, Macy was saying the prayer. While she is speaking, Kai says, "Caden, Macy, CJ, Kai." He was making sure that she prayed for each of us during her prayer. She did and he was happy. Loved it.