Red Thread Family

Red Thread Family

Sunday, March 16, 2014

AGE REGRESSION AND BAPTISM TALK

We have had a really good weekend. On Friday night, all the kids had places to be with friends except for Kai so I asked him if he wanted to go see the movie Mr. Peabody and Sherman (or vise versa). He invited his friend EB to go to the movies with us. It was so neat to see him out with a buddy like any other kid. It made my heart sing! The movie had interesting parallels to Kai's life. It's about a dog who nobody wanted so he decided that since he wasn't adopted, he was going to get a good education and make something out of his life. He became a genius and as an adult dog, he adopted a little boy.


On Saturday, Big C had his first high school game. He made varsity again this year (he's a sophomore) and had an amazing game!! He made the first goal with a free kick goal that was amazing which tied the game. He then had another free kick in double overtime that he kicked to his buddy BB who then tapped it in. We won!!


After the game, Kai, Little C, and Little C's track buddies went to the high school track to practice running in their new track shoes. At first, Kai kept saying he couldn't run. By the end of the hour, Kai was running around the track. He couldn't run far without being winded but just seeing him try was awesome progress.

Later in the day, Kai asked me about bad people in the ground. It took me a little while to understand what he was asking. Kai references the sky as heaven. He was asking me if since good people go to Heaven, do bad people go in the ground? I gave him a very basic explanation of Heaven and Hell. He then asks, "Ma, Kai bad go in ground?" My heart hurt. I immediately eased his mind by telling him how good he is. This made me completely change me church lessons with the 16 and 17 year old girls today. I went a completely different avenue and we had an awesome church discussion.

To help raise Kai's self esteem, we are supposed to create moments where he is the teacher. Today, I asked him to teach me how to draw. He showed me some drawings he did in China and Big C became our model. This was entertaining. Kai was a great teacher and thought I did pretty well after erasing and making me do over many times, lol.

After church today, I had Kai watch a couple of Living Scripture cartoons. He has read the mandarin version of the Old and New testament stories, and Book of Mormon stories so he was familiar already with what he was watching. I then sat next to him on the couch and asked him if he would be interested in getting baptized. He said yes (he saw his cousin get baptized a few weeks ago) so I told him the sister missionaries would have to come over and teach him some lessons. I asked him if he would like that and he said yes! I am so encouraged and excited about this! I think embracing Christ and the gospel will help heal his wounded heart.

Also today, Kai asked to see baby pictures of myself and of Hubby K. We showed him and he laughed at how little our eyes are like Chinese people. I know it bothers him that he doesn't have any baby pictures of himself. I got online and found a photo company that can make baby pictures using forensic software from current pictures. It's expensive but I am going to do it. I showed it to Kai and he was excited about having a baby picture. I am going to do some more research but definitely going to give my son part of his identity back.