Red Thread Family

Red Thread Family

Friday, May 23, 2014

DISREGULATED

Well, it's going to be an interesting holiday weekend. I have two brothers coming to town and only 2 hours after one family arrived, Kai became disregulated when his technology time was over. He has been so good about this so I know it has to do with the change in our environment. He refused to do his exercises and he began doing negative self talk again. It didn't turn into a meltdown last night which I am thankful for. I did tell him that he needed to do his exercises now BEFORE his technology time because he was refusing last night. I told him that was more important.

At tuck in, he told me he was upset because he spent money on his game and no one else bought anything for it but can play it. I explained to him how it works in a family. We share. He then contradicted himself saying he was upset because no one wanted to play Skylanders with him tonight. I told him Macy did and he said only for 10 minutes. I told him that was better than zero. He said Madison did for only 3 minutes. I told him that was better than zero. He said Big C didn't want to and I told him Big C can't because the doctor wants his brain resting from his concussion. He said Little C didn't. I told him Little C wasn't at home but at soccer practice. I then went into a big discussion about how everyone likes different things. I told him some people will like playing Skylander with him and other's won't and that's ok. I told him some people like to eat carrots and some don't. (Kai hates carrots) and listed several other things.

I hope I have the strength to get through the weekend with Kai. Hubby K is working almost the entire weekend so I will be on my own with him most of the time. I hope I am pleasantly surprised.