At 2:30 pm today, I get a phone call from Little C. He is still at the middle school waiting for the bus and tells me that Kai is crying. I ask why and he doesn't know so I tell him to try talking to Kai and figuring out what is going on. He calls me back to tell me that Kai's Mormon Hero clan has no more members. His 2 other members both left his clan. This was upsetting to him. Little M and Little C took charge and made him feel better. By the time they got home from school, Kai had 7 new members in his clan....4 more than he started with.
We immediately did homework. Kai's math consists of finding the range, mode, median, etc of number groups. We found a system to work together to get it done efficiently and quickly. I must say, his attention and focus has GREATLY increased the last few months ten fold. Man, I love progress.
After homework, we headed over to Mema's house for dinner and cousins. Kai really enjoyed playing with the kids. He only became disregulated once and was able to reign it back in quite quickly. I have been prepping him about the weekend so there are not very many surprises for him in the hopes that this will help him feel easier with things.
A funny thing...at Mema's, he headbutted Big C in the back of the head. Big C did not appreciate it and let Kai know and Kai said, "My give high five!" We all busted up laughing and Kai went out the front door outside. I think we embarrassed him but it was hilarious.