I have been thinking ahead to birthdays. As many of you know, our four bio kids have birthdays all within four days of each other in July. Yes, October was my VERY fertile month if you are counting backwards. My four due dates were all within 3 days of eachother. That would be July 10, 12, 12, and 14. My girls are the same day...but seven years apart.
Because Kai's birthday is in November, I have been thinking ahead to what I could get the kids without creating a "situation" since Kai won't be having a birthday. Yesterday, Little M asked for a phone for her birthday. I told her that was probably not going to happen. She is turning 12 and said the boys got one when they were twelve. Kai turns around and very animatingly says to Macy, "My 14 and my no phone. My older and my no phone. Macy no phone before Kai." Hubby K and I laughed and laughed and laughed. He nailed it right on the head. That is exactly my point about being careful with birthdays!
I am so appreciative of Hubby K. He has taken on the role consistently of homework king. I cannot begin to describe how frustrating it is for me to sit down and work on math with Kai. I do the reading...Hubby K does the math and he has math every night. That one thing takes such a load off of my shoulders and I make sure Hubby K knows how appreciative I am.
Today, I started an 8 week series of beginning yoga. Oh my word. I am in love. I felt amazing today afterward and the 1.5 hour session went by so quickly. I could feel some of the stress just leaving my body.
We have gone two weeks now without a major meltdown....and as I type this and I am thinking that I just jinxed myself. I am going to think positively!