I lined everyone up with their backs to me today after they were ready for church (except Big C who woke up late and is not ready for church yet). I placed their gift behind them and told them when to turn around. This was the lazy way out of wrapping and different so they were excited about it. Kai got a Skylander figure he has been wanting that is not sold in stores any more, Big C got two new tshirts...he's been complaining of needing new shirts, Big M got some nail polish she has had her eye one, Little C got an new phone charger because HE has been complaining about not enough chargers to go around, Little M got a new swimsuit cover up because she needed one, and MH who was visiting got a bracelet. Everyone was happy.
Notice Big M's banana? Yeah, that's what she got initially. I couldn't remember where I had hid her nail polish. I found it about 10 minutes later. I really am turning into my mother!
I told him that since it was Children's Day, he could play Skylanders for 2 hours instead of the usual hour and fifteen minutes. He said, "2 hours and 25 minutes?" I say, "Nope, 2 hours." He set the timer and he was on his way to happy land.
While upstairs playing, Big C goes in to play as well and, low and behold, finds Kai's ipod up there. Yes, the ipod which has been the source of numerous meltdowns including the doozy one Friday night. Kai comes downstairs and says, "Ma, Big C find my ipod!" I act all excited when I really have mixed feelings about it. I have him call Mema and tell her himself so she stops looking for it at her place. I then tell Kai, "Kai, you said I took it." He replies with a sheepish grin, "Sorry, Ma." I said back, "Do you know who helped you find it? Jesus did." Kai says, "Yeah, Jesus. I pray two times, Ma."
Little C comes out oblivious from what just transpired and Kai is back upstairs playing Skylander. I told him to go upstairs so Kai could give him the good news then told him to tell Kai that Jesus helped him find it. He goes upstairs and immediately I hear Kai say, "Little C, Big C found my ipod." Caden replies, "You did? Do you know why?" Kai beats him to the punch and says, "Jesus help my."
Below are water colors Kai has done at art class. He takes a one hour private instruction once a week from a great woman at church. We display them down our hall and make a big deal about them to help boost his self esteem.