Red Thread Family

Red Thread Family

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

MY NO SCHOOL

Kai had a great bonding day with his oldest sister, Big M. He spent the morning working to earn some money to buy birthday presents for his siblings and then Big M took him to lunch, to her babysitting job, and then over to a friend's house to have his first try at swimming. He did great and worked on learning the back float. They were gone from lunch time til about 9pm which was a nice break for me and a great bonding experience with his sister. He is certainly going to miss her when she goes back to school.

Speaking of swimming, we have a gorgeous hole in our backyard. It's nice to see the shape of a pool forming!

Today is a whole different scenario with Kai. He keeps talking about summer school tomorrow and not wanting to go. He is was getting quite animated and hyped up about it. I tried to get him to talk to me about it. I asked if it was scary and he got mad that I used that word. He told me I say mean things to him. He then said all kids are mean to him. I tried validating his feelings and told him, again, that I would pick him up early everyday before lunch if he went willingly. I told him that some kids ARE mean and we need to not listen. I told him not everyone is mean.

I am afraid for tomorrow morning...he is going to resist. We'll see.