Poor Kai has a cold. He looked like something was coming on last night when I tucked him in. I told him that if he got up in the middle of the night and couldn't sleep, he could come in my room and wake me up. He didn't wake me up but he ended up not sleeping very well.
I went into his room at 5:45 am this morning and he was not waking up. I asked him if he was tired. He said he didn't sleep good. I then asked him if he wanted to keep sleeping and I would take him to school late. I made sure he understood he would miss the bus. He said yes.
At 7:30 am, he got up and in the shower. I made him egg drop soup to help clear his sinuses. I asked him if he wanted to stay home today and told him that he would have to go back to bed and sleep...not play games and watch tv. He said he would go to school.
On the way to school, he says, "Ma, my nose no feeling good."
This evening was another heartfelt prayer that pulled at my heart strings. Here are his words:
"Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you, Jesus, for good family. Thank you, Jesus, safe in America. Thank you, Jesus, dream go to America (he had a couple of dreams when he was in China of going to America)."