Red Thread Family

Red Thread Family

Monday, June 30, 2014

MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY

Well, Monday didn't get off to the best of starts. I woke Kai up for school and he comes out all showered looking for his shoes...his favorite shoes are still in Boise in my dad's truck. This did NOT go over well. He was focused on that one pair of shoes. He had 3 other options to wear but he wanted his shoes in Boise. I tried reasoning with him. Didn't work. I said, "Ok, Kai. If you don't wear the other shoes, you can't go to school (which wouldn't upset him) and you can't go shopping after school with Big M because you can't go into stores without shoes." I was prepared for him to feel the natural consequences.

Big M was excited about picking him up from school and taking him shopping. He had worked hard to earn money to buy his four siblings birthday presents for next week. Yes, next week....4 birthdays. My four bio kids birthdays are July 10, 12, 12, and 14. My girls were born on the same day seven years apart. Big M made it her mission to get him into shoes and she accomplished it.

I showed up to my pilates class to find myself the only one. I got one on one attention and my instructor gave me some harder exercises. I love feeling the burn. Toward the end of class while working on my upper body, I started to feel nauseous. I then started hearing the ocean in my ears. I stopped what I was doing and told my instructor that I was going to pass out. She helped me get on the ground and lay flat. This hasn't happened in a long time. I have low blood pressure and keep it fairly balanced with salt and water instead of medication. There have been occasions in the past where I have pushed myself so hard that my blood pressure and sugar drops causing me to faint. I also had eaten very little today as I am doing a 3 day eating program and today was day 1. Good times!!

This evening was an absolute whoot! The sister missionaries came over to give one last message before Kai's baptism on Thursday. I cannot begin to tell you how much fun our discussion was. We were all in tears from laughing so hard at so many points during the visit. Even Kai! He has so animated and laughing and happy and wanting to be a part of every conversation. It was great. He said the closing prayer and it was the first time the sisters heard him pray. I love his prayers. So heartfelt. He prayed that our friend Meisyn would be happy and safe when she goes to live with Jesus. He has talked about her everyday since we have been home quite a bit.

A couple fun stories from our trip to share:

At our potluck Friday night with the other families, a prayer was not offered on the food. I saw Kai walk over to the where the garbage cans were and offer up his own prayer on the food all by himself.

While we were making smores one afternoon, Kai picked up a graham cracker, threw it in the fire and says, "Ma! A firecracker!" and then laughed.