In the evening on Tuesday, him and I were in the car and I asked him to pick a restaurant and I would take him to lunch after school. I fully expected round 2 of him telling me he didn't want to go but he just said, "I don't know. You pick." Seriously, he accepted that he had to go and honored me by not fighting it anymore.
Wednesday morning, he got up without complaint and got ready for school. Hubby K and I drove him and found that school didn't start until the NEXT day! Uggggg! Well, we got a practice run in and Kai saw his Ma make a mistake and freely admit it!
Wednesday afternoon, Kai says, "Ma, ride bike with my?" He has NEVER initiated a bike ride with me so, of course, I went! He chose to do this over video games? I was thrilled.
Speaking of video games, the free electronic rule is working like a charm! He has been so regulated this week! We have been on a week of break and he has been awesome. That has NEVER happened.
The last few days have been strange due to only two kids at home, Little C and Kai. Big M is housesitting, Big C is at church Trek, and Little M has been gone since Monday at a camp. She comes home today and I have realized what a big help she is in keeping Kai entertained.
Last night, I took Little C and Kai bowling. We saw our counselor there and it was fun to see her outside of her office. She has been a godsend. Seriously! We played two games but Kai hurt his thumb so he stopped in the middle of the second game.
On the way home, we saw a Tundra truck and he noticed the 4x4 on the back. He was confused on why a math problem would be on the back of a truck. He said, "4 times 4 is 16!" Little C and I just cracked up.
Here are some pictures from the last few weeks I hadn't posted yet.
We took cookies to Dad's work and surprised him the night before Father's Day because he was working nights.
Enjoying chicken and rice with the sister missionaries, Sis. G and Sis. D, who teach Kai.
Father's Day. We love our daddy!
Me and my parents who I love to the moon and back.