Red Thread Family

Red Thread Family

Sunday, October 13, 2013

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY

This weekend, we were supposed to be making a day trip to Seattle for Caden's soccer game. Unfortunately, he was on full rest over the weekend from soccer due to a sore knee from a previous soccer game. This, however, turned out to be very fortunate as a couple of my brother's came to town...one planned and then other not planned.

This was a family weekend for sure! We started off with a good Saturday cleaning and Kai was in charge of the vacuum.
 On our way to K's parents house for a visit, we took a side trip to the new Yoke's grocery store where we, surprisingly, had some fun!
 Kai LOVES carts. I think I've said the before...I'll say it again, he LOVES carts!
 Big C found a pumpkin he thought made the perfect hat.
 Everyone tried a buffalo meat mini burger. Surprisingly good!
Grandma and Grandpa D's house. They had been traveling quite a bit so they had only met Kai one time previous when we first got home.
 In their backyard enjoying the Koi fish pond.
 My brother B and his family came for the weekend so Kai got to meet new cousins! I showed Kai pictures of all my brothers and their families and he seemed quite wowed by the fact that I have so many brothers! This is only a couple of them!
 My other brother J is here for a week hunting.
 Playing Candy Crush with Mema. This is their "thing."

With all the new family around, Kai was very comfortable. He did great today at church attending all three hours for the first time. I know it HAS to seem really long but he seemed just fine. 

My goal tomorrow....I am NOT showing up early to get him from school. I WILL NOT show up any sooner than 11:45. He has to learn to stay in at lunch longer. It's hard doing that when I know he's going to be waiting but he has to learn.