Red Thread Family

Red Thread Family

Friday, October 18, 2013

TODAY IS.....TGIF

It's Friday! I picked Kai up from school expecting him to come out when the bell rang....NOPE! He was sitting on the red metal bench by the flag pole with a sheepish look on his face. Uh, oh. Trouble.

I tried asking him if he had been waiting long but he didn't understood so I whipped out my handy google translate. He said yes, about 20 minutes. Stinker! I then told him he needed to stay in til the bell rang. He knows this but doesn't like being in the cafeteria any longer than necessary. I get it....it was the part about being a new student that I hated the most. I told him he could take a book which he answered with the infamous NO.

Kai discovered Wii fit today. Why didn't I think of this sooner! This helps his balance soooo much. I wish we had started him on this a month ago. Kai has one foot significantly shorter than the other that we believe to be related to his right hand palsy which throws off his balance. You may have noticed his slight limp. I love watching him run, though. He runs so cute...he'd probably hate me calling his running cute if he understood what I was saying....lol.

We had a pretty low key evening. Hubster K and I caught a matinee for a date before he headed off to work so the kids were at home together. We saw CAPTAIN PHILLIPS which was a great movie...only problem was K and I were both nauseated half way through to the end which had to have been the popcorn. I won't tell you I threw up in the popcorn bowl in the car on the way home...no, I won't tell you that. Nor will I tell you how much better I felt afterward.

Well, I am off to bed. Big C has a soccer game 4 hours away so I have 8 lovely hours of driving tomorrow for a 1.5 hour game. I am either a rock star mom or just plain delusional. I'll let you pick.

Good night!