Red Thread Family

Red Thread Family

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

RECAP

I am beginning to wonder if Kai gets tired of soccer. We are at a soccer field 5 days out of the week, after all. He seems to enjoy himself at the games. He likes cheering his brothers and is pretty good about keeping track of the score...and in english.

Yesterday, I had somewhere to be in the afternoon so Kai went to my parents house after school. He was playing the Wii and I was trying to explain to him that I was leaving and would be back. He could have cared less just like my other kids. I left him for two hours and he had a blast with his grandparents. He is very comfortable there. K's parents have been out of town alot so he doesn't know is other grandparents very well but we are going to fix that now that they are back in town.

Yesterday, Caden's middle school game was in a downpour. The kids lasted to halftime then went in the car while I continued to cheer the Hawks on from the sidelines. It was COLD and WET which is NOT a fun combination....but we won and Caden scored 5 goals!





I have started getting Kai up 15 minutes earlier. He only has one speed and it doesn't match to my hurry speed. This has worked out the last two mornings and we have been able to get to school early enough to work on opening his locker. Kai got it open this morning on the third attempt. 

When I picked him up from school, he had his backpack so I knew he had gotten back into his locker after school. I asked him if he did it and he smiled and said NO. I used google to ask him if a friend helped him. He smiled and said YES. It made me wonder about the word FRIEND. Does he feel like he has any friends at school yet? Does he consider any of his classmates his friends? I really want him to feel like he has friends. We have many extra kids around our house and he is comfortable with all of them. I hope he considers them his friends. He certainly knows their names and smiles when he sees them. 

One thing Kai is doing at school is leaving lunch far too early. I am supposed to pick him up at 11:55 but have gone early this week. Each time he has already been to the curb. Yesterday, he was only at lunch for about 5 minutes. I emailed the principal and she is going to do her best to have him stay in there longer. I am going to have a chat with him in the morning and tell him by showing him his watch, what time I will actually be picking him up so he doesn't come out too early. I am going to pick him up 10 minutes earlier at 11:45 so he doesn't have to just hang out on his own but I don't want him to rush eating just to leave school.

Tomorrow, he has his first dental appointment. I am a little nervous about it. He does NOT like any discomfort of any kind. He is getting his teeth cleaned and an exam. I explained in english and charades what is happening tomorrow. He didnt' seem too concerned so I don't think he understood....which is probably good. He will find out soon enough.