When Big C was in second grade, he had to write his Weekend News every Monday. At parent/teacher conference, I was looking through his Weekend News notebook and reading what he wrote. He had amazing weekends! I said to the teacher, "This is made up! So much of this isn't true!" She laughed and said, "I thought you were quite an adventurous family." Kudos for creativity and an active imagination.
Well, this is my weekend news...and it's all true. All of it. I have a few days to catch up. On Friday, the kids did not have school so I took Big C and 2 of his buddies to a small town on the Peninsula 6 hours away to stay the night with some good friends who recently moved there and where their Saturday soccer game was located. Better to split a 12 hour drive up between 2 days! Hubby K stayed behind with the other kiddos.
Well, this is my weekend news...and it's all true. All of it. I have a few days to catch up. On Friday, the kids did not have school so I took Big C and 2 of his buddies to a small town on the Peninsula 6 hours away to stay the night with some good friends who recently moved there and where their Saturday soccer game was located. Better to split a 12 hour drive up between 2 days! Hubby K stayed behind with the other kiddos.
Me and my beautiful friend W.
Big C and his buddies. The one in maroon is his buddy who moved away.
After Big C's game on Saturday, we made the six hour trek home and got home at 12:30am. We then proceeded to get him packed for a marketing conference/competition he does with his high school which is Sunday to Tuesday in Seattle.
Sunday morning, I was feeling refreshed and happy to see my kids after getting a little break...believe it or not, taking 3 teenagers overnight felt like a break. Good thing my bucket was filled by my good friend W because Kai was putting up a fight about going to church. He refused to get his church clothes on and said, in English, "Kai no church." I got out google translate to make sure he understood me. I told him that we go to church as a family and he was going. I told him his choice was what he wore not whether he got to go or not. That wasn't a choice. He could either wear his nice church clothes, or the dirty clothes he had on. I didn't really care but that he's going. I then showed him his watch and told him to be ready by 12:15 and walked out.
My mother stopped by a few minutes later to pick something up. She went into Kai's room to say hi and told him to get ready for church. 5 minutes later, he comes out with his church clothes on.....Mema has some magic with him. Without her, I would have shown up at church with a boy in dirty jeans and a t shirt...and I wouldn't have given a crap...being there was all I cared about at this point.
Sunday night, R came over and we baked apple pies from scratch. Several of them and it took 4 hours! Good thing it was great company and visiting!!
Tonight, it was pumpkin carving time.
Notice Kai using his right hand! We showed him how he needed it for balance and he resisted using it at first but then gave in at one point.
Love our pumpkins!