Red Thread Family

Red Thread Family

Monday, July 7, 2014

BOWLING

Our break is over and it's back to our summer school routine...and Kai wasn't happy about it this morning. The dude just plain woke up on the wrong side of bed. He let me know he does not like summer school. It took him almost 20 minutes just to get his shoes and socks on. I help him with his shoes and he yells at me so loudly that I jump, "Ma! Shoes too tight!" I asked him if he would like them loosened and then instructed him to ask me nicely, not yell at me.

Big M picked him up from school since I had an appointment and met Big M, Little M, and Kai at the bowling alley. Here was a switch...Little M was the grumpy one and Kai was happy. Apparently, the guy wouldn't give them a bumper lane and Little M was having a hard time without bumpers. Kai was a little baffled that Little M was sad. He doesn't see that very often. He would try to console her by hugging her but she was on the verge of anger, too, and wanted to be left alone. After the first game, I asked the guy for bumpers and he switched us lanes. Little M thanked me.

During the second game, Kai says, "Ma? Little M no good at bowling?" I said, "Even if someone isn't doing very good, we still want to tell them good job for trying." He says to me, "Oh," then turns to Little M and says what he considers to be words of encouragement but they still sound slightly offensive. He then grabs his ball as it's his turn then turns back around and says to Little M, "Jesus loves you." and proceeds to bowl. Big M and I are sitting down just laughing.

Kai is actually a pretty decent bowler. He has a wicked spin and throws the ball about 5 feet earlier then he needs to. Some how it works. He walked around cracking jokes with a very confident aura that I have seen very little. It was fun to see.

After our second game, we went into the arcade section where they each got a $10 playing card. I told them once it was empty, we were done. We left with happy kids.