CAUTION! This is a venting post.
It is difficult for me to want to be around Kai today. He is critical of everything and everyone and repeated asks me the same stuff over and over. Let me back up.
After school today, Hubby K and I took him and Macy to Red Robin to meet our nephew who was in town for a few hours for lunch. He lives in Utah and we hadn't seen him in a couple of years so it was so fun to catch up with him. Kai wanted to order a hamburger platter and some soup. I told him it is expensive two order two items and to pick one. He pushes and pushes and Hubby K tells him he can order a cup of soup. This is the first thing to irritate me. I gave Hubby K THE LOOK. Yeah, Ma wasn't happy. Sometimes it feels like others give in to avoid the complaining and whatever fall out because it's the easier thing to do. I don't do this and it just makes things harder on me.
Big M calls after lunch to see if we wanted to head to the pool that the family she nannies has a membership to. Dad stays home so I take the two kiddos and we get about a mile from home when Kai asks if I brought his lifejacket. I told him it's his responsibility not mine. I turn around for him.
On the way to pool, Little M and I are explaining why we wear sunscreen. Kai hates it. I explain how some people can get skin cancer and the sun makes peoples skin darker. Kai is a royal pain in the butt with his attitude and is very argumentative. I've had it. Keep in mind, this is only a 10 minutes car ride. When he starts being rude to me, I clap my hands and yell, "STOP TALKING! No more talking or I'm going to turn the car around and go home." Yeah, not my finest moment and NOT what I am supposed to do. He stopped talking.
We get to the pool and as I pull into the parking lot, I hear Kai say, "Uhhhhhh noooo." Little M and I get out of the car, gather our stuff, and Kai says, "I know go." I said OK, left the door to the van open and keep walking.
After a few minutes, I send Big M, Kai's favorite person in the world, out to the van to see if she can coax him in. She returns too quickly and says, "He has locked himself in the hot car." THIS is why I never leave him in a car with keys. She gets mine and goes back to the car. He repeated tell her there is too many people at the people and he wants to go home.
I jump in the pool, it IS a 102 degree day, swim for about 3 minutes and get my butt back to the car. I leave Little M with Big M and take Kai home. All the way home he's talking about all the kids and how they are mean and there are too many kids. I told Kai they are all little kids. He said he didn't like little kids. Everyone is mean....blah blah blah blah. This kind of talk lasted the whole way home.
The rest of the afternoon wasn't much better. He was critical of everyone and everything. At one point, I had to just get up and leave and told him I didn't want to talk to him if he couldn't say nice things.
Hubby K is taking me out to dessert soon. This mama needs a chocolate chip sea salt cookie with vanilla ice cream. It's THAT kind of day.