Our family reunion starts in less than 48 hours. I love this week...it's my favorite week of the year. We head to my uncle's house where he has his retirement home and five acres and 40 of us camp out at his place for a week. We spend time at the lake swimming and fishing, swim in Uncle D's pool, wander the path through the trees on his property, have organized family activities at night, and hang around the fire pit.
Last year, it was our first reunion without my sweet grandmother so it felt a little empty. We were also stressing out AT the reunion making travel plans to go to China. It was at the reunion that we purchased plane tickets to China!!
This year, Kai is going for the first time and he doesn't know what to expect even though we have prepped him the best we can and he has gone camping already. I can tell it's stressing him out because he has been a royal pain in the butt this week. Everyday is something. I about lost it yesterday. He even stressed out Big M today who is his favorite person. He has lost something (again) and blamed her for it. His voice is getting elevated and I tried to help him by talking to him about another time he lost something. He starts yelling at me that he doesn't want to listen. Ticked me off. I very sternly told him I will not help him when he yells at me and I repeated myself then left really ticked off and he knew it. He came to me 10 minutes later and said he was sorry and stopped talking about what he lost. When he has those moments of humility, it just makes my heart all gushy inside.
Big C returned home today. He flew across the country to go to a college ID soccer camp and was gone a week. He flew by himself for the first time! It's good to have him home and he is one tired young man today. He is supposed to go climb a mountain tomorrow with Hubby K and Little C (seriously...a real mountain) which takes 2 days to climb and then meet us at the reunion Saturday night. Not sure he has it in him to climb. That's still up in the air.
I pray this next week goes well. Kai knows all the family going as he has met them all at some point this past year. It's just change which brings feelings of insecurity and anxiety.