Kai slept til about noon along with many of us. We are certainly feeling the jet lag around here. Kai chose to sleep in his own room last night and seemed very comfortable in there. I was worried for a bit that he wasn't going to come out. I made teriyaki chicken and rice for lunch so he had something familiar and got him out of his room. Here are some pictures of his room:
He organized all of his belongings with care.
We got his precious pictures up on the wall of his friends back in China.
While we were at the Shaolin Temple, a monk wrote him a poem using his Chinese name and drew the scenery.
Magnet board for him to display things that are important to him. Right now it's pictures.
I crocheted this blanket for him when we first started the adoption. I felt this need to hurry up and finish it which kind of makes no sense because I had it done SOOO early....but it made me feel better.
We moved Christian out of this room at the beginning of summer and I repainted it and put some things up. I would sit in here and lay on the bed and just imagine him here. Tonight, while he was in the living room, I did the same thing. The exception being that he IS here and his personal touches are all over the room. Finally, a feeling of contentment rests upon my heart. He is here and it is right.
We took him to Wal-Mart today and he got a kick out of pushing Caden around in the cart. At one point when we had a full cart, he said, "Ohhhh, wowww!" He's never seen so much food!
All in all, a good day home. It was a short one with us all getting up so late. Let's hope we can all sleep tonight!!