Red Thread Family

Red Thread Family

Friday, September 6, 2013

MORE FIRSTS

I am so tired. It's almost midnight and it's been a long day. We spent the morning at the park next to our hotel which is like a small Central Park in NYC. Kai rode his first amusement ride and bumper cars and really enjoyed it. We then went to the airport a few hours early because of the hotel checkout time. Kai did not seem nervous flying for the first time. He was very curious and observed everything and did great. We are now settled in our hotel here in the 3rd largest city of China....15 million people. I will go into detail tomorrow. I need to sleep.

It is now 3:30am and I cannot sleep. I am really worried about tomorrow's medical meeting. I only have his medical reports in English and or guide asked for English and Chinese. So, no more sleep for me this night. It gives me an opportunity to catch up on my short post late last night.

Something cute....the kids saw Wreck-It Ralph on the hotel tv. We had not seen it in America. There is a song that the words are OREO, OREEEEEEEEO and they have been singing it off and on the last day or so. Kai is now singing it and we find him vocalizing it out loud at random times. 





The young Chinese boy is now part of a wonderful family in Spokane, Wa. They had the same Gotcha Day as us and he is a little character. My boys love to play with him.


Jamie and Grace's dad.

Macy and Grace

Grace and Jamie's Mom

Bumper cars were a riot. We saw so much of Kai's smile today. The most we have seen.



Just like at the Shaolin temple, Kai was looking everywhere. He wanted to pull his own bag even though we had a cart for the baggage. 

We LOVED our guide, V. She was so great and she even teared up saying goodbye to us. She wants to come visit us someday in the states and I really hope she does. We connected so well and she feels like part of our family.

                                                   

We saw an even more playful side of Kai today. The boys (C &C Ch) were hiding behind a pillar at the airport eating a snickers bar so their sisters would see and Kai saw them. He got up and ran over to the pillar to surprise the boys with a big grin on his face. 

After we landed, there were the escalator walkways and the kids wanted to ride them. I wanted to walk so I fast walked/slow ran along side the kids on the walkway and pretended like I was going to beat them. Kai found this humorous.