Today was glorious...simply glorious. The kids were back in school and regular routines. I went to the gym, came home to do laundry and clean the house and then splurged with a relaxing one hour facial before picking up the kids. A facial never felt so good!
I am also happy to report that Kai was simply awesome today. No issues which is a testament to the importance of structure and routine.
This evening, we skyped with Kai's orphanage. I am telling you, technology is an amazing thing. Kai was able to talk to his Sanmenxia brothers and the man who was a grandfather to him in China. What a kind man! He invited us to come back to Sanmenxia next year. I don't think it is possible but the invitation was very heartwarming.
It is very apparent to us that Kai was loved in his orphanage and I am so grateful. That enables him to open his heart to us as well. I know it isn't opened fully to us yet...he still fears we are going to leave him...but he will with time.
Today was another first as well, we heard Kai refer to himself as Kai _____ (insert last name here). It's the first time I've heard him use his last name. Music to my ears.
What a good day. I needed this in order to refill my Mom bucket.